Sunday, July 8, 2007

Uh-Oh: 7-6 (9-7), 4-6, 7-6 (7-3), 4-6

That was a quick. After going down 4-0, Federer pretty much gave up on the set.

And now, for the first time in his five year run, Roger Federer will play a fifth set at Wimbeldon.

Oh baby, I am excited. Federer, please finish him off quickly so I can eat lunch before the dinning hall closes.

My thoughts on the short, fourth set:

-In the thrid game, Nadal challenged an out-call and got it overruled by the electronic system. Federer started arguing with the Umpire, saying that he saw it go out, and the computer was wrong. In an argument between a computer and Federer, I'm going to have to side with Federer.

-After the overrule, Federer got rattled. I've never seen Roger Federer rattled, ever. I've also never seen Federer lose at Wimbledon. Today may turn out to be a day of firsts.

-Tennis matches are too long. I might miss lunch because of this. There should be a time limit--best of five or whoever's winning after three hours.

-If Nadal cannot overcome his knee injury, then this will be one of the more anticlimatic sports endings ever.

No comments: