Monday, July 2, 2007

The Demise of Deadspin

If not for Deadspin.com, this blog would probably not exist. Miller has probably never seen the site, but for me, it is the holy grail of blogs.

As the name implies, it is a sports blog. For the past two years, it has provided me with a much needed alternative to the empire that is ESPN. Deadspin has taught me about great pick-up lines, great aliases, and the greatness of YouTube. It opened my eyes to the religion of Barbaroism and the playfulness of Harold Reynolds.

Sadly, Deadspin is now in bad shape. The corporate world, which Deadspin has always been so quick to denounce, appears to be destroying my beloved blog.

The format has been changed to up the advertising, and in doing so, the beautiful convenience of the site is no more. Today, the site wouldn't even allow me to read past the first paragraph of any post. Amazingly, I have not read Deadspin all the way through for two straight days. That is an astounding fact.

There may be a lot of Deadspin refugees in the coming days, and all are welcome to come aboard the VeganDessert. Hopefully, though, this will not be the case and Deadspin will simply get its act together.

No comments: