Wednesday, July 11, 2007

That Got Exciting Quickly

With two outs in the bottom of the ninth, I turned to the kid I was watching the All-Star game with and said, "Even though this wasn't a great game, I still really enjoyed watching it."

Then Da Meat Hook got on with a single and all hell broke loose. The NL still lost anyway, falling 5-4 with the bases loaded in the ninth.

If someone can tell me why Aaron Rowand batted rather than Albert Pujols (the best hitter in the NL), please let me know. It seems like Tony LaRussa is bitter towards the Mets and doesn't want them to have home field advantage for the World Series. What a jerk.

On a side note, how did Ichiro change into a suit so quickly? The MVP presentation game less than five minutes after the end of the game, and he was already in a full suit. That was a Roger Federer like clothes-change.

No comments: