Friday, July 20, 2007

David Beckham: Now You See Him, Now You See Him

First his wife gets a prime time slot on NBC, and now today, David Beckham gets a prime time spot on ESPN.com. The Beckhams seem to be getting in every one's way as of late.

If you tried to go to ESPN.com during the day, you probably had a hard time reading much of anything. That's because the front page was largely covered by an advertisement for what was suppossed to be Beckham's first game in the MLS this Saturday. Beckham is likely not going to play because of a hurt ankle, and the ad has since been taken down.

I'm glad that Beckham's first game will not come against a World class opponent in Chelsea. I want his first game to be in Salt Lake City or Houston. I want to see his reaction when he realizes the level of play he has sunk to. I want to see if he sinks down to level of the competition or can rise above it.

I am honestly very excited to see Beckham in the MLS. However, I won't be watching until he's playing against other MLS teams.

No comments: