Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Nathans Hot Dog Pre-Game Analysis

I'm excited. Never has the Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest had so many sub-plots.

Will Kobayashi completely fall apart or has his jaw injury simply been a farce?

Will Joey Chestnut eat more than 60?

Will Sonya "Black Widow" Thomas pull of the biggest upset since the Miracle on Ice?

How many times will the commentators on TV insist that competitive eating is a league on the same level as the NFL and MLB? How many times will they compare Kobayshi to Willis Reed? Joey Chestnut to Lebron James?

Here's my prediction:

Chestunt wins, eating something like 55. Kobayashi falls apart at the eight minute mark and eats 48. The "Black Widow" gets fifth with 40 dogs. (Note: I have no idea what I'm talking about, and these are the only three eaters I know by name.)

I wish I was in Coney Island.

No comments: