Monday, July 30, 2007

Trickeration on the Gridiron

When I was younger, two-on-two football at the dead-end was a highlight of my life. The field was small, and a bit awkward in shape, but the games were great. My neighbors and I would play into the night, ending only when it was too dark to see or when one of our parents called us in.

As we got older, and the field grew proportionally smaller, trick plays became more and more common. More often than not, an eternal huddle would be followed by a failed, uber-complex play. Sometimes, though, it worked.

By way of deadspin.com comes video of a trick play which went exactly according to plan. The QB pretends something's wrong with the ball and goes onto scamper for a touchdown untouched. You can draw your own conclusions, but if you ask me, a play like this should stay at the dead end and not enter an actual game.

No comments: