Sunday, June 17, 2007

Twinkies go B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Since this blog is named for desserts, and the Twinkie is the quintessential American dessert, I thought I should report this very important story:

There are now banana cream filled Twinkies.

Maybe I shouldn't be posting this information, since I'm indirectly advertising a clearly unhealthy food, but I thought this was a pretty big deal.

If anyone has had such a Twinkie, please provide a review in the comments section. I have one specific question- is the cream yellow or white?

Here is a link to the story from the Week in Review section of today's New York Times.

Also, as a side note, the Sunday Times is a remarkable literary achievement. The fact that they crank out such a massive paper on a weekly basis is extremely impressive. I spent half my morning reading it, and it was very satisfying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A) The link didn't work for me.

B) Banana cream was the original filling of twinkies, but they had to change it to vanilla cream because of WWII and actually GETTING bananas to make the filling. Or something like that.