Friday, June 15, 2007

New York's State of Mind: Subway Series Version 2.0

What a difference a month can make.

On May 18, the New York Yankees came to Shea Stadium desperate. They were hurting in the body, in the standings, and in the tabloids.

The Mets were flying sky high. They had a comfortable lead in the NL East. Their allegedly old, shaky pitching rotation was dominating. Everything seemed bright for the fans at shea.

Now, the Mets are strugling like its 2004, and the Yankees seem to be back. The Mets have lost five in-a-row, the Yankees have won nine in-a-row.

Last year's Mets team gave off such an unbelievable vibe. There was never a time I thought they were going to lose. Even during tough times, I had no doubt they'd come back and win. It hurt so much when they lost because, for me at least, they weren't supposed to lose.

This year's team does not have that vibe. I don't trust them like I did last year's team. I don't put nearly as much hope in them.

Hopefully, by the end of the season, that trust will come back.

I was planning on writing much more and better, but the game has started, and I have to watch.

Enjoy the Series, and Lets Go Mets!


(Is that Julio Franco I see starting?!)

No comments: