Tuesday, June 19, 2007

In Case you Missed It: How the Soprano's Really Ended

As I mentioned a little more than a week ago, I never watched the Sopranos--don't get HBO.

However, with all the talk on the web, in the papers, and on TV about the ending (non-ending?), I really want to see the last show. What was it like in the diner? How long did "Don't Stop Believing" go for? Was the black screen up for nine or ten seconds?

Though the ending may have upset fans of the show who had been watching it for years, it surely peaked interest in the show for those who never watched it before (see: DVD sales).

Today, on two different websites, I came across apparent endings to the show. Here is one, courtesy of Deadspin.com:



Here is another ending, courtesy of Hillary Clinton. (You'll have to go to the site to view it, I cannot embed it). Though I have not put support behind any Presidential Candidate, and this is not meant to endorse Clinton as a candidate, I have to say that Sen. Clinton was on the ball with this spot. It doesn't get across any message at all, yet still, it is so creative and unlike anything I've ever seen a candidate churn out. It's not negative in any way but simply witty.

However, for some reason, at the very end of Clinton's video, the screen goes black. Maybe my Internet went down. I'll have to check that out; I'm kind of pissed off.

No comments: